Most entry-level animal jobs in zoology require a college degree. Many zoologists opt to take a program specific to zoology while others may choose a broader program of study such as biology. Post-college, zoologists may find themselves working with animals at a zoo or out studying wildlife in their natural habitats.
- 1 How do I start a career in animal care?
- 2 How do I get a job in the animal industry?
- 3 What jobs with animals pay well?
- 4 Can I work with animals without a degree?
- 5 What jobs can I do working with animals?
- 6 What job should I have if I love animals?
- 7 What is the highest paying Animal job?
- 8 What is the coolest job in the world?
- 9 What to study to work with animals?
- 10 How can I work in a zoo without a degree?
- 11 Can you get a job at a vet clinic with no experience?
- 12 What qualifications do I need to be a animal rescuer?
How do I start a career in animal care?
Getting work experience with animals
- Volunteer at an animal shelter or rescue.
- Work at a veterinary clinic.
- Provide pet sitting services.
- Volunteer at a Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre or Zoo.
- Apply to work at a stable or farm.
- Take part in an internship.
- Shadow an individual in your field of interest.
How do I get a job in the animal industry?
How to Gain Experience Working With Animals
- Work at a Veterinary Clinic.
- Volunteer at a Shelter or Rescue.
- Start a Pet Sitting Service.
- Choose an Animal Related Degree Program.
- Participate in College Work Study Programs.
- Volunteer at a Zoo or Wildlife Rehabilitation Facility.
- Work at a Farm or Stable.
What jobs with animals pay well?
If you are an animal lover seeking career opportunities, here is a list of 15 of the highest-paying jobs in this field:
- Animal caretaker. National average salary: $23,940 per year.
- Animal trainer.
- Veterinary assistant.
- Veterinary technician.
- Animal control officer.
- Veterinary nurse.
Can I work with animals without a degree?
Veterinarians need support staff to keep their business operating. That includes front office staff and veterinary assistants. These positions allow you to work with animals without a degree while getting daily exposure to animals.
What jobs can I do working with animals?
Popular jobs working with animals
- Zookeeper. If you become a Zookeeper, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of animal care.
- Veterinary Nurse.
- Animal Attendant or Animal Carer.
- Dog Groomer.
- Horse Trainer.
- Professional Pet Sitter / Dog Walker.
What job should I have if I love animals?
12 jobs working with animals (that actually pay pretty well)
- Kennel attendant, pet sitter and dog walker.
- Veterinary assistant.
- Laboratory animal caretaker.
- Veterinary technicians.
- Animal control worker.
- Conservation and forest technicians.
What is the highest paying Animal job?
Veterinarian. A veterinarian is one of the highest-paying animal careers. There are many different types of veterinary jobs. Mixed practice veterinarians work with both small and large animals, domestic or exotic.
What is the coolest job in the world?
Coolest Jobs In The World!
- Professional Sleeper.
- Netflix Tagger.
- Movie Critic.
- Water Slide Tester.
- Chief Shopping Officer.
- Seat Filler.
- Live-stream Eater (Muk Bang)
- Private Island Caretaker.
What to study to work with animals?
Common Degrees for Working With Animals
- Agricultural Management. Agricultural management focuses on the business and administrative side of the world food system.
- Animal Behavior.
- Conservation Biology.
- Dairy Science.
- Environmental Science.
- Exotic Animal Training and Management.
- Farm Management.
- Marine Biology.
How can I work in a zoo without a degree?
Jobs requiring less schooling but include frequent, direct contact with animals include veterinary technician, zoo keeper, or wildlife technician. Read about who does what below.
- Veterinary Technician.
- Animal Curator.
- Conservation Biologist/Zoologist.
- General Curator.
- Zoo Director.
Can you get a job at a vet clinic with no experience?
Even if you have no experience or training in animal care, you may be able to get an entry-level job with a veterinarian office or clinic if you can demonstrate that you are passionate about helping people safeguard their pets’ health and well-being.
What qualifications do I need to be a animal rescuer?
What qualifications do I need to start training as an animal care worker?
- Level 1 Diploma in Work-based Animal Care.
- Level 2 Diploma / Animal Care and Welfare Assistant (Level 2 Apprenticeship)
- Level 3 Diploma / Advanced Apprenticeship in Work-based Animal Care.