The average hourly wage for an Animal Care Attendant in the United States is $13 as of September 27, 2021, but the salary range typically falls between $9 and $17.
- 1 What is a pet care attendant?
- 2 How much does an animal care attendant make in Ontario?
- 3 What is the highest paying job working with animals?
- 4 What qualifications do I need to work with animals?
- 5 How can I be a good animal attendant?
- 6 What does an animal care assistant do?
- 7 What does an animal carer do?
- 8 What does an animal shelter worker do?
- 9 How much do vet techs make in Ontario?
- 10 What job should I have if I love animals?
- 11 Can I work with animals without a degree?
- 12 Can you make a living running an animal rescue?
What is a pet care attendant?
Animal Care Attendants are responsible for the day-to-day care of medical boarding and Stay-the-Day pets. This includes feeding, watering, cleaning, walking, bathing, medicating and monitoring the well-being of dogs, cats and occasionally other companion animals.
How much does an animal care attendant make in Ontario?
The highest salary for an Animal Care Attendant in Canada is $43,582 per year. The lowest salary for an Animal Care Attendant in Canada is $26,838 per year.
What is the highest paying job working with animals?
Veterinarian. A veterinarian is one of the highest-paying animal careers. There are many different types of veterinary jobs. Mixed practice veterinarians work with both small and large animals, domestic or exotic.
What qualifications do I need to work with animals?
What qualifications do I need to start training as an animal care worker?
- Level 1 Diploma in Work-based Animal Care.
- Level 2 Diploma / Animal Care and Welfare Assistant (Level 2 Apprenticeship)
- Level 3 Diploma / Advanced Apprenticeship in Work-based Animal Care.
How can I be a good animal attendant?
Personal requirements for an Animal Attendant
- Enjoy practical and manual activities.
- Good communication skills and enjoy working with people.
- Mature and responsible.
- Able to work well in a team.
- Free from allergies aggravated by animal hair, fur, feathers and dust.
What does an animal care assistant do?
Animal care assistants look after the day-to-day care of animals, in a variety of different settings, under supervision. The work is carried out in places such as kennels and catteries, zoos, safari parks, animal welfare centres, farm parks, grooming establishments and veterinary hospitals.
What does an animal carer do?
Animal caretakers train, feed, groom, and exercise animals. They also clean, disinfect, and repair the kennels and cages. They play with the animals, provide companionship, and observe behavioural changes that could indicate illness or injury.
What does an animal shelter worker do?
An Animal Shelter Worker keeps these pets clean and comfortable during their time at the shelter, and also works as a promoter for these animals, talking up their attributes to potential pet parents. Your primary task as an Animal Shelter Worker is to keep the animals in your care clean and well fed.
How much do vet techs make in Ontario?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $39,180 and as low as $17,897, the majority of Veterinary Technician salaries currently range between $26,603 (25th percentile) to $33,859 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $38,212 annually in Ontario.
What job should I have if I love animals?
12 jobs working with animals (that actually pay pretty well)
- Kennel attendant, pet sitter and dog walker.
- Veterinary assistant.
- Laboratory animal caretaker.
- Veterinary technicians.
- Animal control worker.
- Conservation and forest technicians.
Can I work with animals without a degree?
Veterinarians need support staff to keep their business operating. That includes front office staff and veterinary assistants. These positions allow you to work with animals without a degree while getting daily exposure to animals.
Can you make a living running an animal rescue?
A pet shelter business’ profitability isn’t widely known, because most shelters are run as non-profits. Non-profit shelters often employ a director, vet tech and other staff. A for-profit business can earn enough to pay for a team’s salaries, which often total six-figure sums, and still provide a profit.