The average hourly wage for an Animal Care Attendant in the United States is $13 as of September 27, 2021, but the salary range typically falls between $9 and $17.
- 1 How much do animal care workers make UK?
- 2 How much does an animal care attendant make in Ontario?
- 3 What is the highest paying job working with animals?
- 4 What qualifications do I need to work with animals?
- 5 What is required to be an animal attendant?
- 6 How do I start a career with animals?
- 7 How can I work with animals without a degree?
- 8 What do animal care attendants do?
- 9 What can animal care assistants do?
- 10 How much do vet techs make in Ontario?
- 11 What job should I have if I love animals?
- 12 Can you make a living running an animal rescue?
- 13 What jobs let you work with animals?
How much do animal care workers make UK?
The National Living Wage is £8.91 for workers aged 23 and over. Pay rises with experience, and some employers may pay higher rates. Salaries for animal care assistants in the SSPCA are around £17,000 a year. A dog care and welfare assistant with Guide Dogs earns around £18,000 to £19,500.
How much does an animal care attendant make in Ontario?
The highest salary for an Animal Care Attendant in Canada is $43,582 per year. The lowest salary for an Animal Care Attendant in Canada is $26,838 per year.
What is the highest paying job working with animals?
Veterinarian. A veterinarian is one of the highest-paying animal careers. There are many different types of veterinary jobs. Mixed practice veterinarians work with both small and large animals, domestic or exotic.
What qualifications do I need to work with animals?
What qualifications do I need to start training as an animal care worker?
- Level 1 Diploma in Work-based Animal Care.
- Level 2 Diploma / Animal Care and Welfare Assistant (Level 2 Apprenticeship)
- Level 3 Diploma / Advanced Apprenticeship in Work-based Animal Care.
What is required to be an animal attendant?
Personal requirements for an Animal Attendant
- Enjoy practical and manual activities.
- Good communication skills and enjoy working with people.
- Mature and responsible.
- Able to work well in a team.
- Free from allergies aggravated by animal hair, fur, feathers and dust.
How do I start a career with animals?
How to Gain Experience Working With Animals
- Work at a Veterinary Clinic.
- Volunteer at a Shelter or Rescue.
- Start a Pet Sitting Service.
- Choose an Animal Related Degree Program.
- Participate in College Work Study Programs.
- Volunteer at a Zoo or Wildlife Rehabilitation Facility.
- Work at a Farm or Stable.
How can I work with animals without a degree?
Examples of animal-centered jobs that probably won’t require a college degree
- Adoption specialist.
- Customer service liaison.
- Animal care giver.
- Pet groomer or bather.
- Maintenance worker.
- Dog walker.
What do animal care attendants do?
Animal Care Attendants are responsible for the day-to-day care of medical boarding and Stay-the-Day pets. This includes feeding, watering, cleaning, walking, bathing, medicating and monitoring the well-being of dogs, cats and occasionally other companion animals.
What can animal care assistants do?
Animal care assistants look after the day-to-day care of animals, in a variety of different settings, under supervision. Preparing food and feeding the animals. Assisting with moving animals from one place to another. Exercising dogs either in a yard or by taking them for walks.
How much do vet techs make in Ontario?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $39,180 and as low as $17,897, the majority of Veterinary Technician salaries currently range between $26,603 (25th percentile) to $33,859 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $38,212 annually in Ontario.
What job should I have if I love animals?
12 jobs working with animals (that actually pay pretty well)
- Kennel attendant, pet sitter and dog walker.
- Veterinary assistant.
- Laboratory animal caretaker.
- Veterinary technicians.
- Animal control worker.
- Conservation and forest technicians.
Can you make a living running an animal rescue?
A pet shelter business’ profitability isn’t widely known, because most shelters are run as non-profits. Non-profit shelters often employ a director, vet tech and other staff. A for-profit business can earn enough to pay for a team’s salaries, which often total six-figure sums, and still provide a profit.
What jobs let you work with animals?
Popular jobs working with animals
- Zookeeper. If you become a Zookeeper, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of animal care.
- Veterinary Nurse.
- Animal Attendant or Animal Carer.
- Dog Groomer.
- Horse Trainer.
- Professional Pet Sitter / Dog Walker.