Getting work experience with animals
- Volunteer at an animal shelter or rescue.
- Work at a veterinary clinic.
- Provide pet sitting services.
- Volunteer at a Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre or Zoo.
- Apply to work at a stable or farm.
- Take part in an internship.
- Shadow an individual in your field of interest.
- 1 What qualifications do you need to work with animals?
- 2 How do I get started in animal care?
- 3 Can I work with animals with no qualifications?
- 4 How do I get a job working with animals?
- 5 What job should I have if I love animals?
- 6 What jobs can I do with animals?
- 7 What jobs work with animals with good pay?
- 8 How much do vet nurses earn?
- 9 Can you work in a zoo without a degree?
- 10 What is the coolest job in the world?
What qualifications do you need to work with animals?
What qualifications do I need to start training as an animal care worker?
- Level 1 Diploma in Work-based Animal Care.
- Level 2 Diploma / Animal Care and Welfare Assistant (Level 2 Apprenticeship)
- Level 3 Diploma / Advanced Apprenticeship in Work-based Animal Care.
How do I get started in animal care?
How to Gain Experience Working With Animals
- Work at a Veterinary Clinic.
- Volunteer at a Shelter or Rescue.
- Start a Pet Sitting Service.
- Choose an Animal Related Degree Program.
- Participate in College Work Study Programs.
- Volunteer at a Zoo or Wildlife Rehabilitation Facility.
- Work at a Farm or Stable.
Can I work with animals with no qualifications?
You could become anything from a zookeeper to a dog groomer, veterinary assistant or a canine trainer. And the beauty of animal careers is that so many of these roles are accessible without higher level studies, like a degree. Not needing a degree means a career change becomes a more viable option.
How do I get a job working with animals?
Most entry-level animal jobs in zoology require a college degree. Many zoologists opt to take a program specific to zoology while others may choose a broader program of study such as biology. Post-college, zoologists may find themselves working with animals at a zoo or out studying wildlife in their natural habitats.
What job should I have if I love animals?
12 jobs working with animals (that actually pay pretty well)
- Kennel attendant, pet sitter and dog walker.
- Veterinary assistant.
- Laboratory animal caretaker.
- Veterinary technicians.
- Animal control worker.
- Conservation and forest technicians.
What jobs can I do with animals?
Popular jobs working with animals
- Zookeeper. If you become a Zookeeper, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of animal care.
- Veterinary Nurse.
- Animal Attendant or Animal Carer.
- Dog Groomer.
- Horse Trainer.
- Professional Pet Sitter / Dog Walker.
What jobs work with animals with good pay?
If you are an animal lover seeking career opportunities, here is a list of 15 of the highest-paying jobs in this field:
- Animal caretaker. National average salary: $23,940 per year.
- Animal trainer.
- Veterinary assistant.
- Veterinary technician.
- Animal control officer.
- Veterinary nurse.
How much do vet nurses earn?
As in the animal care industry more generally, it’s not particularly high-paying work, especially when you’re just starting out. Entry-level veterinary nurse jobs pay around $39,000, or $19/hr. People in this career are in it for the love — not the money.
Can you work in a zoo without a degree?
Zookeepers. Keepers are the basic caregivers for animals in a zoo setting. The keeper position is one available to those without a college degree, although most do have bachelor’s degrees in biology or animal science. There are also non-degree programs in zookeeping and exotic animal training.
What is the coolest job in the world?
Coolest Jobs In The World!
- Professional Sleeper.
- Netflix Tagger.
- Movie Critic.
- Water Slide Tester.
- Chief Shopping Officer.
- Seat Filler.
- Live-stream Eater (Muk Bang)
- Private Island Caretaker.