Job Outlook Overall employment of animal care and service workers is projected to grow 33 percent from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations. About 66,200 openings for animal care and service workers are projected each year, on average, over the decade.
- 1 Which would be considered a job opportunity in the small animal care industry?
- 2 What are the different career opportunities you could have in the animal industry?
- 3 What are three possible career choices for someone looking into the animal healthcare industry?
- 4 What is the salary of an animal trainer?
- 5 What are 3 examples of careers in animal science?
- 6 What is the highest-paying animal job?
- 7 What job should I have if I love animals?
- 8 What are the top 3 industries that employ veterinarians?
- 9 What are the benefits of being an animal caretaker?
- 10 What type of vet makes the most money?
- 11 Can I work with animals without a degree?
- 12 Where can I work with a diploma in animal health?
Which would be considered a job opportunity in the small animal care industry?
Animal Service Worker In addition to science based careers, the animal care and service category has a number of career paths for people who want to work with small animals. Service workers include caretakers in rescue shelters, animal trainers, groomers, pet sitters and kennel attendants.
What are the different career opportunities you could have in the animal industry?
Common job titles include:
- Animal rescuer.
- Animal shelter attendant.
- Animal adoption counselor.
- Animal rescue program coordinator.
- Humane educator.
- Animal control officer.
What are three possible career choices for someone looking into the animal healthcare industry?
Here are a few popular career paths for those searching for an animal health career:
- Animal Massage Therapist.
- Equine Veterinary Technician.
- Veterinary Surgical Technician.
- Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Technician.
- Zoo Veterinary Technician.
- Pet Insurance Agent.
- Veterinary Pharmaceutical Sales Rep.
What is the salary of an animal trainer?
The average salary for an animal trainer in California is around $34,950 per year.
What are 3 examples of careers in animal science?
Six Careers For Animal Science Majors
- Conservation officer. Animals and their habitats are inextricably interlinked.
- The food industry.
- Animal trainer for films and productions.
What is the highest-paying animal job?
Veterinarian. A veterinarian is one of the highest-paying animal careers. There are many different types of veterinary jobs. Mixed practice veterinarians work with both small and large animals, domestic or exotic.
What job should I have if I love animals?
12 jobs working with animals (that actually pay pretty well)
- Kennel attendant, pet sitter and dog walker.
- Veterinary assistant.
- Laboratory animal caretaker.
- Veterinary technicians.
- Animal control worker.
- Conservation and forest technicians.
What are the top 3 industries that employ veterinarians?
Outside of private practice and corporate animal health care, the majority of private sector jobs for veterinarians are in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics, contract research services, animal feeds, and agrochemical industries.
What are the benefits of being an animal caretaker?
One of the advantages of being an animal caretaker is that workers can find employment in a variety of settings, including veterinary medical clinics, zoos, wild animal parks, rehabilitation and conservation centers, animal shelters, pet stores, pet training and boarding facilities, and pet grooming salons.
What type of vet makes the most money?
Top 10 highest paid veterinarian careers
- Zoo veterinarian. National average salary: $59,986 per year.
- Veterinary practice manager.
- Veterinary hospital manager.
- Public health veterinarian.
- Regulatory medicine veterinarian.
- Small animal veterinarian.
- Military veterinarian.
- Veterinary research scientist.
Can I work with animals without a degree?
Veterinarians need support staff to keep their business operating. That includes front office staff and veterinary assistants. These positions allow you to work with animals without a degree while getting daily exposure to animals.
Where can I work with a diploma in animal health?
Careers: animal health technician, feedlot manager, meat inspector, pharmaceutical representative, stock farm manager. Third year subjects:
- Animal Diseases: Animal Health.
- Epidemiology: Animal Health.
- Veterinary Public Health.
- Legislation: Animal Health.
- Agricultural Economics: Animal Health.